7.09.2007

Tasty treat

Not much happening so just a few small notes.

We purchased an external hard drive, so we've finally been able to update our music and movie library. Speaking of movies, it's the annual blockbuster season and I was able to check out Transformers. A let down to say the least, but a trip to a Korean cinema is always worth the price of admission. Where else would you see six-year olds at a 10 p.m. movie alone? Or dried squid and kimchi in a theatre?

It's rain season in Korea, which means one day it's pouring and the next it's scorching hot. I can never tell if my shirt is soaked with water or sweat. Does it really matter?

This country is hosting it's annual Peace Cup, a friendly tournament of high-profile soccer teams from around the world. Daegu will play host to one game, featuring the mighty Bolton Wanderers v Deportivo Guadalajara. It'll be my first chance to check out the local World Cup stadium, built for the 2002 tournament. Looking forward to it.

I mentioned a while back that I thought we'd eaten some sort of animal tongue. Turns out it was rectal muscle. Mmmmm . . . say it with me now - 'rectal muscle'.

"So, what would you like for lunch today?"
"Um, I think I'll have rice. Kimchi, of course. Oh, and maybe a sphincter or two."

One more thing - watch this clip.

No comments: