7.15.2009

One foggy morning ...

We've been talking a lot about traveling lately, which got me thinking back to when we actually did that kind of thing, and how cool it is to be in a completely different spot on the globe.

On our last day in Beijing, I woke up early, looked at Carmen and said, "I'm gonna walk to Tiananmen Square." Definitely the coolest thing I've ever done before 8:00 in the morning. Anyway, I got dressed, left Carmen and Cate in bed and headed outside. It was cold, foggy and quiet (by our standards at that time). Our hotel was two blocks from the square. It was a strange experience being alone on this massively historical site, knowing I'd be home in Lethbridge less than 24 hours later, for the first time in over a year.

The crowds of tourists weren't around yet, and the military was just rolling out for their usual over-patrolling of the area. This is what I saw:







I almost never post photos of my own mug, but I had to prove to myself I was there.


No comments: