6.17.2007

Dating etc. etc.

As much as we love spending time with Carmen's parents, we could not pass up the opportunity to take advantage of their babysitting skills and spend a couple of nights out on the town. I've fully accepted the responsibility that comes with being a parent and the lack of a social life therein, but I still feel the need to get out and have a little couple time with my gorgeous wife.

On Thursday we hit up Lotte Cinema. What better time to make your first trip to the theatre in four months than on the release date of Ocean's 13. I'm a sucker for cool, and what's cooler than two of the coolest guys in film basically just being cool . . . and stealing money. Okay, Brad and George have probably taken this series a bit far, but it still made us laugh. And the Samsung references in the film had the entire theatre gasping (it's a Korean thing).


Friday was even better with a little shopping trip downtown, where Carmen made a significant dent in the Daegu fashion market, followed by dinner at a very cool place - so cool, we don't even know what it's called. After a midnight stroll amidst the neon lights and belligerent locals, we capped off the evening at Forest with wine and animal crackers.


2 comments:

kristin janzen said...

yay for alone time, even if its amidst millions of people ;) your pics are amazing. carmen is gorgeous, as always.

Eva Karrin McKinnon said...

Love your attitude. So refreshing! Tear, sigh, aww: "my gorgeous wife." There's hope!

Lately I've been hit on by so many married Korean men that I lost my faith in the possibility of a "good" husband.

Then again your wife IS stunning (maybe you're not kind, just accurate).

PS- The title of your blog= perfect. I'll be back to read. Expat blogs are fun and I enjoy your writing style.