3.14.2009

Weekend

I don't usually spend the week looking forward to the weekend. I enjoy my job and I appreciate what I do during the workweek. I also like the fact my three ladies get to hang out every day together, even though Carmen probably wishes it were otherwise at times. But, without a doubt, these are the most enjoyable times in life. Saturday morning brunch at Eat Eat in Inglewood and a walk downtown. Hanging out with this beautiful trio, sometimes I fee like I'm the luckiest guy in the world.




For the record, those are wholewheat pancakes. Like that makes a difference.

On another note, we've been keeping up with our one-movie-a-week-for-a-year thing. Lately we've seen In Search of a Midnight Kiss (shrug), Doubt (I doubt the production team could've been any lazier), Seven Pounds (my eyelids felt like they were about seven pounds by the end), Rachel Getting Married (drugs, depression, loneliness, death and music - what's not to like?) and Vicky Christina Barcelona (Spain, beautiful people and a threesome, you make the call, but depending who you're watching it with, it could get very awkward.).

And on a third note, I passed on Coldplay tickets. I had a pair of pretty good seats staring at me through the computer screen and I hit cancel. That's willpower y'all. $225 would get me four front row seats to Pearl Jam, nine tickets to the Weakerthans show we're going to next month or two weekend passes to Folkfest. Not to mention almost half a return airfare to Europe. You may have the biggest band in the world, Chris Martin, but you and your Sgt. Peppers suits won't pull the wool over my eyes. Suck it.

No comments: