2.02.2009

Weekend

We spent the weekend in Fairmont. My parents have had a timeshare there since I was wee lad and it’s one of my favorite things to do. Taking Cate and Maggie there was a big deal for me, even though I don’t make it seem that way (I do my best to hide any sentimental feelings or emotion in everything I do, and it serves me well). It was a great few days.

Carmen and I made a commitment to watch a movie every week for the entire year of 09. Repeats are discouraged, but accepted if they’re quality. Suggestions are welcome. So far we’ve hit Benjamin Button, The Wrestler, The Reader, Revolutionary Road, Slumdog, and we almost didn’t get it done this week, but we caught the second half of Boyz N the Hood on Saturday night. I’ve seen enough Kate Winslet to last the next 365, and I mean that on a couple of levels. If you’ve seen The Reader, you know what I mean. On deck is Doubt and Frost/Nixon (I don't understand how a movie with a literally adapted screenplay based on a conversation can be considered one of the best of the year, but I guess I'll find out). The new Che will count as three because it’s about about sixhourslong. Once we work our way through the awards season, I'd like to watch every movie containing Bryan Adams in its soundtrack.

If you missed The Office on Sunday, you missed the funniest scene in the history of television that doesn’t include Ricky Gervais.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's about time
dk

Greg said...

That is a great goal! Watching movies seems to be about all Greg and I are doing these days! Your family is beautiful!
-Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Just read through your entire blog! It's always interesting to read about other people's experiences in Korea.

Anyways, I was wondering if you had the chance to watch any Korean movies while you were in Daegu because some of them could be fill in some gap weeks ;)

Hope all is well in Calgary! J.