2.06.2009

Back to the future

I've been looking through our photos from Korea and China lately. I never really took much time to do it when we moved back; life suddenly sort of took a completely different direction. Plus there are about 20,000 of them and I just couldn't really be bothered until now. Some were still on our old computer and I hadn't moved all the files over to the Mac yet, so I'd forgotten about them. I'll be posting some of my favorites here periodically. Some of them I didn't think were that great but now they give us a good feeling looking back. You never know what will be nostalgic until you move on.

This photo was taken just around the corner from the motel we always stayed at in Seoul. It was the dodgiest area we saw in all of Korea, but it was the most vibrant. It was busy around the clock. Full of businessmen searching for food, cheap beer and women. Ahhh, welcome to the good life.


This one was down the street from our hotel in Beijing. This guy was doing construction on some nearby hutons so I thought I'd try to sneak a picture. He spotted me though, and was more than happy to pose for a shot. I think this picture encapsulates the beauty and kindness of the Asian people (most of the ones we saw, anyway).

No comments: